Wednesday, September 14, 2005

14 September Orcalab reports:

Multiple pod calls audible.

We've been listening to the I31s, who have returned from the east and are in or near Robson Bight. We've been listening to them on the Critical Point hydrophone for the past couple of hours. The I15s, and at least some of the "A"s are nearby, also audible on CrPt. Boat noise is dominating the underwater soundscape at present, but hopefully it will end & the orcas will resume calling soon.
Paul
14 Sep 2005 04:56:36 PDT

No calls but orcas nearby

Good morning everyone! There is instense boat noise everywhere this morning, from the fishing "opening" today, and from other traffic, so it's difficult to hear anything else. We think the I15s, I31s & A30s headed east from Robson Bight around 6am, and there is a recent radio report of orcas, not far to the east, who are westbound.
Paul
14 Sep 2005 09:20:49 PDT

Distant calls audible.

We believe the I15s , A30s and A12s are coming west. Just now they stalled off the western boundry in the Reserve. The I31s are apparently near Kelsey Bay and the transients have continued west toward Queen Charlotte Strait.
Helena
14 Sep 2005 13:38:35 PDT

No comments: